Sunday, March 24, 2013

* * * * *

A few good ones from Providence lately. IMG_2687 IMG_2695 IMG_2679 IMG_2672 IMG_2699 IMG_2701
I was on my way to meet a pal for lunch on the side of town I never never see and got to take a great walk past beautiful towering mansions. Lots of trips to the library lately meant strolls across nice lawns and stately buildings on campus. At the library, I ventured into the basement and unearthed a few reels of microfilm--a research feat I'd never undertaken before. The microfilm was surprisingly easy, and was really fun to look at. I also had a
late-night block printing session with my new magenta ink (I didn't have any blank paper so had to print my designs on the back of an old rough draft). Lately the office has been a little noisy (glass walls and all), so I decided to study at the Providence Athenaeum (a most enchanting little library). It's such a great space, and to top it off, dogs are allowed (apparently written into their ancient by-laws). Being in town for awhile also meant meeting friends downtown, where strings of round-bulbed lights line the streets.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am thinking maybe I would like to move to Providence.

la_sale_bete said...

Oh, how I would love to see you there! (Or anywhere, really!)