Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yip, Yap, Yup (Thanksgiving)

IMG_2156 IMG_2157 IMG_2104 IMG_2082 IMG_2100 IMG_2155 IMG_2154
My Thanksgiving holiday was amazing this year. I was able to take just over a week off of work and came down to NYC to have a sweet little staycation. To make sure I got the most out of my leisure time, I made an itinerary (but I stressed that it was just a basic outline and didn't need to be adhered to perfectly). Not sure why I felt the need to be so systematic about it, but I'm kind of glad for it, because it ensured that we had a ton of good times and were never bored. 

We went back to Roberta's (where our wedding had been not a week before) for a benefit party and delicious pizza, had Korean BBQ with friends, had friends over for homemade soup then baked cookies, ate dollar oysters from a nearby bar, then cooked homemade pizza and watched Contraband (directed by a well known Icelandic director), visited the Met, strolled up 5th Avenue to see all the Christmas displays, tried Paulie Gee's, a new (to us) pizza place in Greenpoint, had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends (fuller report on Emilie's blog), saw Argo and our friend Olga perform in her band, visited the flea market, saw Lincoln, had friends over for pasta dinner and video games, had friends over for more homemade pizza and to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas (a movie appropriate for any autumn holiday). There are lots of things to be Thankful for this year, including spending a full week having great times with great people. Uh huh.

No comments: