Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October Unspools

IMG_1907 IMG_1906 IMG_1898 IMG_1901 IMG_1899 IMG_1905  
Last weekend E & B were in town for a friend's wedding, so they stayed with us and we had bundles of fun! We primarily engaged in one of my very favorite past times, made even more wonderful by the autumn weather: eating and walking. On Saturday morning we had brunch at Shopsin's and after explaining the place's unique charms, I think we were all a little disappointed to get through our whole meal without hearing any swear words emanating from the kitchen or seeing anyone get thrown out. I even felt so bold to snap a quick shot of E & B as we ate. Nat was also in town (wahoo!) and we got Korean BBQ on Saturday night. Dee-lish. There was also a great walk in the park, and sitting around at an outdoor cafe. The temperature dropped about 15 degrees between Saturday and Sunday, which totally justified my request for homemade potato chowder and decision to stay inside all day watching Call the Midwife. From the look of these pictures, it would appear that I enjoy covering everything I eat in scallions. An antisocial tendency to say the least.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Call the Midwife is my new favorite show, and I love Sprout!

la_sale_bete said...

Ah! Sprout loves you! Call the Midwife is so great, but I just watched the episode when the woman gives birth to a baby that's black (obviously not her husband's) and the husband is just like la-dee-dah. I call BS for multiple reasons on that one.