Monday, March 05, 2012

Pizza!

It's been a long time since I've attempted to make homemade pizza. Over the years I've had a few successes, but the last few times have been real disasters. Yesterday I decided to muster up my courage and give it another try, and I'm happy to report that it turned out great! I made a super simple dough with 5/6 white flour 1/6 wheat flour and very easy sauce (just canned tomato paste + tomato sauce with some oregano and garlic stirred in). It probably also helped that I used my all time favorite pizza toppings: arugula with a generous amount of grana padano sprinkled on top. Next time I'd like to try a more homemade sauce (fresh vs. canned tomatoes).

3 comments:

maggie in america said...

Looks AMAZING.

Holly said...

i want to have this when i'm visiting...please!

Jill said...

Okay...that looks really delicious!