Monday, March 19, 2012

More from the wings

My young animation students are mercifully nearing the completion of what has proven to be a rather lengthy and tedious claymation project. Character design, then wire armatures, then epoxy "bones," then covering the whole thing with clay in the right colors and textures. Then trying to animate the hulking figures around a little stage. They left greasy clay trails wherever they stepped and were very difficult to get to stand upright. It was a great project, but just dragged on a little bit too long, I think. To switch things up before we start our next longer term project, I bought a small bucket of geometric shape blocks for them to animate with (a short one to two class project). Naturally, I had to test them out before bringing them into the classroom. Whoa, these blocks are fun. The bottom two pictures are from the botanic gardens this weekend, where we strolled and soaked up the early spring sun. Blocks and garden

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would like to be one of your students.

la_sale_bete said...

I wish you were in the class! It would be so fun...and you would be much better behaved, I'm sure. =)