Monday, September 05, 2011

Summer approaches its end.

palm trees
Oh golly, it's September already! My time is California is rapidly approaching an end. In addition to working quite a bit, I've tried my best to have some summer fun, too. This weekend I saw the new Cirque du Soleil show Iris in LA, which was amazing!! The first half in particular is all about the pre-history of cinema (my scholarly interest), and they did some seriously jaw-dropping things with light and movement. It was so, so great. Also, the show is in the Kodak theatre, where they have the Oscars, so that was really neat to see, and the music is done by Danny Elfman. Unstoppably good. Here are a few recent pictures.
Some delicious tacos that Becky made.

tacos  
The Pacific Ocean (from the train)
water A nice illustration from Bruce Eric Kaplan's Monsters Eat Whiny Children. It's a kids book that I used in my class earlier this term. I really liked the pictures and the tone of the book. monster book 02
My shoes in a pile.

shoes

Charlie and Matilda wrestling ferociously. wrestling dogs

2 comments:

POP TART said...

those tacos look good - whats the filling?

la_sale_bete said...

Oh, they are so delicious!
These tacos had grilled chicken, radish slices, cabbage, onion, and cole slaw (and a chipotle sauce). My friend also makes them with shrimp sometimes--also so good!

Congratulations on your wedding, by the way!