Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010: A year in review



I spent the weekend tidying the house and reading optimistic New Year's blog posts. It's the season for grand ambitions and lofty statements about what's going to go better this time around, and I've got plenty of resolutions to keep me busy this year: bad habits to break, good ones to internalize. There's a lot to live up to, because 2010 was pretty amazing. It was good in all sorts of ways, from the everyday things to the rarer occasions.

Here are some of the highlights from 2010. It's by no means comprehensive, but offers a sampling for those of you who enjoy trips down memory lane as much as I do, and for those of you just tuning in.

I moved back to the big apple and settled in.
The snow amplified my nesting instinct and I sewed some things for around the house.
Jordan and I dog sat a very cute dog one weekend and I waxed poetic about Pepsi Throwback.
We celebrated Halloween in April with Chris and Michael.
A group of us rented a house upstate and had an enchanting (but chilly!) weekend getaway.
My (joint) birthday picnic was rained out so we took the party indoors thanks to our generous and hospitable pals.
I climbed around that preposterous bamboo structure on top of the Met in the heatwave.
Sprout was in Martha Stewart Living: in print and on the website.
In August, we had an amazing and religiously-charged camping trip.
I attended a beautiful wedding in Maryland and enjoyed my first crab feast.
I spent a magical Labor Day weekend in New England with Stig, Emile, and the gang.
At the end of the summer, Ned, Maggie, and I did some cannonballs into Lake Minnewaska.
Ethan and Becky got married in California in October. It was so much fun.
I stayed in a couple of really bizarre budget hotels in Italy.
I ate the world's most delicious cheese sandwich and loved the Sherlock Holmes motifs in London.
I went back to New England, where I studied hard in a tremendously productive environment.
In December, we got into the holiday spirit.

I feel really lucky that 2010 brought so many great times
and I'm excited for the delights that await in 2011. Happy New Year!

No comments: