Saturday, November 20, 2010

Alone in my thoughts and this house


I am back in study mode once again. Full force. Buried under such a volume of notes that grow increasingly incomprehensible each day. Luckily, I have this entire place nearly all to myself this weekend, affording ample opportunity to get lost in the shuffle of papers.


I can think of no better place and time than historic New England as the cold sets in to hunker down and immerse myself in work. Even though it's not so easygoing, at least I can sit back in my comfort and solitude until the ideas flow.

4 comments:

Jill said...

What a great house! I want to live there.

Knitting-twitter said...

I wouldn't mind either.. great pictures..greetings from Switzerland

Christa

la_sale_bete said...

Jill- Oh, this house would be so much more delightful with you and your crew here! Although the emptiness is nice for work, the house is clearly meant to be full of people.

Christa- greetings, and thanks! I bet Switzerland is lovely this time of year!

Emilie said...

Meredith...this house is blessed. Love it. Looks like a dream for pre-cinema thinking. No offense, but I can't wait til you are gone from that house and back in the NYC>