Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I am love


My friend Chris recently saw I am Love (dir. Luca Guadagnino) and said it was so good that he'd see it again, so last night, a group of us went. Whoa, was it beautiful. I especially liked the title sequences at the beginning, with the words set over cold wintery scenes of Milan.They very vaguely reminded me of the opening titles from Rosemary's Baby. The titles throughout the film that marked the passage of time or change of locations were also gorgeous. I missed Tilda Swinton at MoMA this week (she was there for Orlando, with Sally Potter) but was glad to at least see this movie while it was still on the big screen.

1 comment:

Regina said...

thanks for the tip, was just talking about Tilda in Julia...wanted to see this when it was at SBIFF, but missed it, I think it is coming back here soon.