Monday, July 26, 2010

Heroic

Dan and Brei came in from our nation's capital this weekend--a terrific treat. We'd been going back and forth about a hang out, and I'm so glad they just made it happen. They rolled in late Friday night and we sat talking and hanging out until the sun had made its full dip down and came up again, and I drifted off to bed at around six in the morning. Then there was a delicious brunch and a visit to the home of Shane and Megan, and a crosstown bus ride to the Met, where we chatted and milled around the objects d'arte. The Picasso rooms were packed and not that exciting anyway (if you ask me), but there were some lovely pictures of animals--including a chicken. We wandered through the rooms of gory crucifixions and past the sallow-faced folks of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. I can't think of a better crew to have on hand to furnish hilarious captions. We also ate some rad pizza at V & T, where Dan infuriatingly pantomimed the act of "eating pizza," which I found to be totally unrealistic, and the chef mixed up the words "vegetable" and "meat," causing sort of a delay. The next day: Ned celebrated his birthday with a great brunch, and I guzzled three-fourths of a Cola Turka on the way back to the train. Dinner consisted of some highly anticipated homemade corn chowder and coleslaw, both of which were out-of-the-ballpark delicious. And I managed not to snap a single photo. How's that for living in the moment!? I actually had forgotten or misplaced the camera.

No comments: