Thursday, May 06, 2010

Outfitted

My very dear friends J + J just had a baby in America's heartland (their second child). I made her a pair of pants out of some really nice fabric that my mom got me for Christmas, and some shoes out of natural colored canvas with brown felt soles. They're all a bit big for le bebe, but hopefully will fit her just right this autumn/winter when the weather will be cold enough to warrant such attire.

On Sunday, this is what we had for dinner: baked potatoes with rosemary, an artichoke, and salad. Summer is on its way, and it was wayyy too hot in the kitchen for baking potatoes.

7 comments:

Becky B. said...

Your dinner looks so delicious but Ethan wants to know why you are eating pine cones...

Holly said...

wow - can't wait to eat at your place...and the baby clothes...just the most darling ever!!

Jill said...

I know who those jammies are for. Very cute MAB.

P.S. My boys have been enjoying your ABC book these days. They are just mastering the sounds of the letters and are enjoying looking through and saying what the pictures are and what letter they start with.

la_sale_bete said...

Becky - The pine cones were really tasty! Ethan should try them...

Holly - Yes, we'll have to prepare a feast for you!

Jill - I am so excited to hear that the boys are enjoying the ABC book! That thrills me! I will have to work on another book that teaches more advanced skills. Basic reading?

Julie said...

The pants and slippers are so beautiful Meredith (I hope Emilie passed on the thank you card). We want to come to the city soon - for sure by the fall. When we do Miss Grace will be sporting her gorgeous pants and wonderful shoes. (I love the shoes so much)

Hyejean said...

the baby clothes and shoes are lovely. so is your dinner plate. it's a delight reading your blog.

la_sale_bete said...

Julie - Thank you for the card! I'm so glad you like the shoes and pants, and am excited to see Grace sporting them this fall!
HJ - Oh thanks! I miss you!!!