Sunday, April 25, 2010

A few maxims I saw written on a napkin.



(Above: interior of the beautiful kaleidoscope that Holly sent. The parsley and lavender contend for the narrow ray of sun that comes in from the kitchen window).

Last Monday Sprout had dental surgery to give her teeth a deep clean and also remove the ones that were no longer fit for use. She had to have three of them extracted (sad) and spent the week taking it relatively easy. Documents accompanying her medication listed a host of potential side effects, which essentially culminated in a statement amounting to: "If your dog does anything abnormal, it might be because of the medication." The abnormalities exhibited included excessive flatulence (awesome) and a flood of urine while we were listening to Enya's "Orinoco Flow" at top volume one evening. Maybe Sprout heard the phrase "Orinoco Flow" and got confused? Thankfully, Sprout's back to "normal" now, which means she reserves her urination for special occasions.
Marguerite celebrated her fourth birthday. It was awesome to hang out and hear about her preschool pursuits (gluing rectangles into circles. She's a delightful kid.
I finally got my bike fixed, and have taken several majestic rides through Brooklyn. I'm anxious to take some pictures of the old buildings overtaken by vines down by the Navy Yard.

On Sunday night we watched Amish Grace, the Lifetime Original Movie about the Amish school shooting and the love and forgiveness the Amish community subsequently extended to the gunman's family. Sad on two levels 1) thinking about that awful random act of violence, 2) that I spent my Sunday night watching a Lifetime Original Movie.

3 comments:

Unapologetically Mundane said...

And trying to bite me! DON'T FORGET TRYING TO BITE ME!

Sorry to air your dirty laundry here.

Jill said...

'Orinoco Flow' gives me the urge to urinate too! Sprout's not confused...or...maybe I am. It could have something to do with a home music video Stephen and I made years and years ago to Enya's 'Orinoco Flow' where we filmed a plastic boat with Elmo in it, floating in a toilet bowl full of urine. Yep, I think that's it.

la_sale_bete said...

Katie: I think the operative word was TRYING to bite you. She didn't manage to do it. (And how could she, minus three teeth?) I mean, right?

Jill: Yeah, I guess it is a pretty urine-inducing song. Have I seen the music video you guys made? It sounds awesome!