Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Bandsaw Bracelets

I love drawings of goats and wolves in folk clothing. Chopping wood, playing musical instruments, it's all magnificent. I saw the artwork of Stacey Rozich on The Lumper and I really love it. Awesome combo of colors and nice textures.

And here is Karin Dreijer Andersson (of The Knife, Fever Ray, etc.) winning the P3 Gold award in Sweden for best dance artist. The GaGa homage is nice, but even nicer is her beautiful visage and the absolutely amazing and inspirational speech she delivers. It's short and sweet. Fever Ray was probably one of my favorite records of the year, and after seeing this, she's an even bigger role model ( to me and to dripping-faced pigs everywhere).

3 comments:

Jill said...

That may be the single most strange thing I have ever seen!

Jamie said...

This is great (it was the clip of the week on The Soup), but I have 2 questions. 1. Did she sit there all night with that stuff on her face? Did it itch? and 2. Did they tell her in advance that she won? Cause what would happen if she did all that work and didn't get the chance to go up on stage and show it off?

la_sale_bete said...

Ha ha!
Perhaps that's her beauty, that maybe she took the risk that nobody would even see her lovely dripping face behind the veil. When she performed with The Knife, she often wore masks, but I ever saw one that looked as uncomfortable as this one. Prize well deserved.