Thursday, December 10, 2009

Goodbye, old pal

Dispatches have been infrequent recently. I'm busy packing and having a slew of last minute, whirlwind adventures before I leave this town. While I'm overwhelmingly excited for the good times that that await me back in the city, I'm obviously sad about leaving a lot of things, too. Today I sold my bike--a charming Frankenstein machine with a signature rattle. When I first got it two and half years ago, I was skeptical about riding a fixed gear, but it really was very enjoyable. I loved taking it for spins along the mesa overlooking the ocean.

I'm pleased that I have one of these beauties waiting for me in New York, but at the moment I saw the guy wheel off with my bike this evening, even the prospect of a shiny new contraption was little consolation.

In other news, today I packed up Pee & Poo in a box. I told them they were going on a journey. They seemed confused and concerned, but I think they'll like their new home just fine.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe I haven't been introduced to Pee and Poo before. What? How have I miss those?

Also, I am sorry about your bike. I understand attachment to bikes.

Dan said...

Don't forget to inform the post office that there are liquids and perishables in the box, kind of.

la_sale_bete said...

haha - gross.

Emilie said...

oh la. pee and poo. can't wait to see them. i understand your attachment to your bike my meredith. i love it. you and i will find bikes in new york. together again.