Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Collision Takes a Breather

Dear Readers,
As you may have noticed, The Daily Collision has been on somewhat of a hiatus. You may [rightly] inquire as to what has prompted this [only somewhat] uncharacteristic irregularity. The answer would be that my PhD qualifying examinations are right around the bend, the preparations for which have required a good deal of my attention. On top of my exam-related endeavors, I am teaching two classes during my school's infinitely impractical accelerated summer term. All of this means that I have precious little leisure time these days. So while The Daily Collision has never been daily in any literal sense, for the next several weeks, it might be more of a fortnightly collision. But please don't go away. I will continue to post infrequently. As my exams draw closer, my posts will likely become increasingly manic and incoherent, which may or may not be of amusement. And after the test-taking is done, I'll be back with a vengeance. So look alive.
Until then, here are some wonderful recent discoveries:
Deth P. Sun

David Hockney (via the University Art Museum)

Lou Beach (via Camilla Engman)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I will miss you, and will be anxiously awaiting your return. Good luck with you exams. I know you'll do great!

Maggie said...

Thanks for your comment, Meredith - I'll be missing the Collision but I hope you're doing well!