Friday, July 10, 2009

A narrow rope bridge leads to a mysterious ledge

My first week of teaching kids' video game programming with Scratch is winding down. It's been a challenge to balance all the ability levels and temperaments, but I think everything will turn out okay for today's presentations. There's a variety of delightful scenarios: a dog that attacks ninjas, a gumball being chased by a giant mouth, an elephant that collects peanuts, a cat that navigates mazes, and so forth. The class (on top of my other work, which has not received perhaps as much attention as it's due) has kept me pretty busy. Other than that, I can say that my culinary skills are improving (though very, very slowly. On Monday I made Swiss chard, which was not too bad. Had dinner with Stig at Benny's one night. Took Sprout on a long walk (past a tortilla factory--an interesting process to watch). Yesterday we tried to see Matt & Kim on Pier 54, but the sound and the visuals were not so good. But there was lots of interesting people and bike watching, and it was nice to be milling around as the sun went down.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I know I've said this before and I'll probably say it again, but I LOVE the way you describe things.