Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The last time we were at the Hippodrome was the first time I told you how courageous I was going to be



Things are still very busy here, what with my prospectus due and my final final term paper (for my last class ever--oh my). During one of my [many] study breaks, I came across Julie Morstad's work, which is really stupendous. I am seriously in awe. I feel like I've been searching for an artist like this for a long time. In many ways, I feel like my style (or my attempt at style) is much like hers. Acrobatic kids, implausible combinations. It's magnificent.

I could only dream that my picture of kids on a jungle gym could be so good. She also made a really amazing ABC book (also available in flash cards).

Sadly, I can't remember the initial place where I made the discovery. The jungle gym picture was taken from A Gala Mood, though, which has several posts of other incredible images by other incredible people.

2 comments:

Jill said...

When I first saw the picture of the kids on the jungle gym I thought it was your drawing. You could do something just a great! When your ABC flashcards come out let me know.

la_sale_bete said...

aw! nice of you to say. perhaps this artist will take me on as her apprentice and one day I will make ABC flashcards. what fun.