Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beautiful fillets of tendons and tails

I'm slowly coming to terms that my nice, quiet weekend is coming to an end. This coming week is full of great promise, though. Full of pizza-eating and claw-babying and of tooting. Oh, I cannot wait. In addition to getting a reasonable amount of work done this weekend, I also had a little time for arts and crafts. Started painting my wooden people. They're not as perfect as the ones that are $10 a pop, but I think they'll turn out okay. And the point is to imbue them with character and personality. I think they will make fine gifts for my nephews. Continued to work a little on the quilts. I've got piles of fabric in various stages of completion, so that's nice enough. And then I did a little drawing. You can see the results in my flickr set (I also posted the Bartholomew and Leopold illustrations from the book there, in case you missed them).

Here is one of the drawings (the topic Jordan gave me was "lion," but it turned out to be more than that). Not exactly sure what is going on. Maybe she's trying to stop him from looking because he doesn't realize he's a lion? Yes, that seems like a reasonable explanation. Happy week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Meredith, you're delightful and I'm so glad I know you!

Emilie said...

yes for tooting.