Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Window panes for violins

Trying to write a story about a playwright whose husband has died. Her most famous play is about an army wife who falls in love with her oven. The army wife's neighbor is in love with her upright piano.

At the bus stop, I saw a woman trade her expensive-looking necklace (the pendant resembled a piece of coral, only it was made of glass) for a middle school girl's bracelet made of folded/accordioned Doublemint wrappers. Then it turned out that neither of them were waiting for the bus.

Nearly collided with a man on the sidewalk while avoiding a teenager handing out fliers for a musical performance by a band called Wigwam. The man chuckled/snorted, and I couldn't tell if he was amused or annoyed. He ended up having to take a flier.

Saw the courthouse on my way home tonight:

I'm getting ready for a trip:

3 comments:

Jill said...

I want to read the story you're writing. Also, I know where you're going and wish I could come too!

JHS said...

Glad to see you decided to pack some socks

Holly said...

where are you tripping???