Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Puppy-bowl" and other obscure formulas worth revisiting

Two observations from the cafe this evening:
1) The man next to me was composing an electronic mail in a word document. The text was so large that I had to look. The message read: "Hi Alex, It's Thursday evening" for a solid twenty-five minutes before any developments were made.
2) The woman working at the coffee shop had to excuse herself between customers to have hacking fits in the back room. This did not bother me tremendously, as she washed her hands thoroughly each time. She was wearing roller skates. I have long said that the ideal work environment would feature an enormous cargo net in lieu of a corridor, but I guess I need to add "allowed to wear roller skates to the workplace" to my list of criteria.

No comments: