Thursday, January 01, 2009

Outside the Blue Lobster

Back from my wonderful jaunt up north. Had to endure quite an arduous trek around the snowy northwest, but it was so good to be up there with family and snow. On the way to California again, I sat next to a man who engaged me in conversation almost the whole way. At first I was following pretty well. He told me about his work in the 60s and 70s developing special heat-shrink material to reinforce the joints of the pipes along the Alaskan Pipeline. His wife kept telling him to leave me alone, but he continued to chat. By the end of it, he was telling me of his quest to expose the government's long-standing relationship with extra-terrestrials. He showed me this book:

It details the historical partnerships between aliens and humans as seen in ancient accounts, and it tells the story of the earth's formation. Once known as a planet called Tiamat, it (along with its moon, Kingu), was hit out of orbit by a bigger planet named Marduk. The rocky fragments caused by the collision formed the asteroid belt.

This afternoon after a very leisurely morning, I spotted a man strutting around in bike shorts playing a muted silver trumpet. 2009 is off to a great start.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a page turner! Happy 2009!