Thursday, December 25, 2008

Yuletide Round-up

We're having a great Christmas around these parts. When it was time to open gifts, I was, of course, still sleeping away in the basement. To wake me up, my Dad brought Justin downstairs and they got out my dad's old, old trumpet. My dad loudly proclaimed it to be a "wolf warning horn," and then honked out a few blaring notes, which woke me up in a hurry. Here are some highlights from the past week (not all of them Christmas-related):

A great block tower I built (picture taken mere seconds before its demolition)


Jordan's grandpa had these amazing amateur radio stamps (made in the 1960s to commemorate the 50 year anniversary of the ARRL). He gave them to me so that I could give them to my dad as a gift. It was perfect!


A yardstick measuring the amount of snowfall (around 30 inches):


An enigmatic message from Cho. Despite its mysteriousness, I knew exactly what to do with it. (Photo courtesy of Noodles):


Ryan lounging as we all opened presents (photo courtesy of Noodles):


Anyway, we're having a most memorable time. Later, there will be feasting and more merriment. Hooray for the holidays!

No comments: