Thursday, December 18, 2008

The pantry, the pauper, and the puffer

Well, it took me about twelve harrowing hours to get home from Oregon. It was snowing in Portland, which was astonishing enough, but back home, we've gotten about 30 inches so far. So the plane didn't want to take off, and then it didn't want to land, so after several hours of waiting, we finally arrived. Which was when the really hairy portion of the journey began. My folks picked me up and we had to drive home in the blizzard. It was seriously frightening. The drive (ordinarily about 50 min) took about 2 hours. Unbelievable. But we got home safely, thank goodness. The up side is that it kept snowing all night and into today, and we had an opportunity to play in the snow this morning. Justin and I attempted sledding, which was only partially successful. Here's a picture of him that I snapped just as he angrily waved at me and said "no camera," like I was with the paparazzi.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm glad your safe. 30 inches of snow if terrible to drive in, but fun to frolick in.