Friday, December 19, 2008

Mom (old school)

Every time I'm at home, I poke around for treasures hidden in boxes, on shelves, and under beds. Often, I unearth old photographs, which are marvelous to see. Sometimes I try to scan in a few of the most memorable images. This time around, I've discovered a real gem: a batch of photographs taken of my mother and her family in the 1960s. From what I can tell, they were scanned in from slides by my mom and my aunt in 2005. The images are beautiful, and they feature some awesome, adventurous landscapes, and my mom with decidedly different fashion taste than she has today. I've made a flickr set called Mom (old school). Enjoy!

6 comments:

sunsetandcamden said...

Those pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

You're mother was a beauty. She probably still is, I just can't say because I've never seen her. What I do know is that you look a lot like her. Lucky you.

Holly said...

I think your mom is beautiful. You have the same little mouth....

Em said...

Isn't photography awesome for that very reason? You do share a lot of facial features (and apparently expressions) with your mother. I almost feel like I know what you'd look like bleached blonde.

Emilie said...

oh marni. these were delightful!

Holly said...

more, more, more...need a new mbak fix....