Saturday, November 29, 2008

The countess and the vacuum with a wig

Once again, a host of events have transpired, and a list is the only way to keep up.
  • Last week we went to a restaurant where our neighbor is the proprietor. He made a smiley face in the foam of my drink. Including a nose and eyebrows. I took a picture and will try to remember to post it.
  • We went to see the new Mike Leigh movie Happy Go Lucky. For many of you, this film might already be a couple months old, but for us in a small town with not many screens, things come a little later. Inaccurately described as a British, working-class Amelie, the film was nonetheless spectacular (save for perhaps two slightly overwrought scenes). It was really fantastic. I think it would more accurately be described as a mixture of Muriel's Wedding and Billy Elliott.
  • My brother sent my sister a gift basket of food for her to eat and then throw up, and then he wanted her to report on the contents of her barf here. The fact that she blogs about her puke--and that he supports such an endeavor--is one of the many reasons I love them so much.
  • My whole family (sans me) got together for Thanksgiving, and it sounds like they had a great time. I would have loved to see them, but still had a really wonderful time hanging out with another clan (including Sprout).
  • Sprout is getting in touch her dog spirit out on the west coast. She played with a toy and romped around with Matilda and held her tail nub proudly. She also destroyed the screen of a screen door, which is a bad but dog-like thing to do.
  • For some time, my laptop's keyboard has been on the fritz, and I have sometimes been unable to type the following letters: zxcvbnm. Needless to say, this has been a tremendous inconvenience. Today I got a new keyboard. Hooray.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah! I was missing your posts and hankering to hear what you had been up to lately. Thanks for the posts. They never disappoint.
I'm also happy for you and your new keyboard.

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Em said...

It's remarkable how often one needs to use z,x,c,v,b,n and m. Glad you have them back!

w. leavitt said...

how did you manage to get Sprout out west?

la_sale_bete said...

parachute.