Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Viscous Engine Team, down another member

I just re-read that part in The Death of Cinema about the people who cleaned out Charlie Chaplin's studio and threw away many of the best props, including the enormous wooden gears from Modern Times. At first I was sad, thinking hey, I could use those gears, but then I bumped my head on the pipe that runs across the back wall where the head of my bed is, and I was reminded that I live in such a small triangular room that the would be no space for enormous gears. Or if there were space for the gears, there would be no space for me. Ho hum. These days I'm going to be particularly image-heavy rather than wordy. I've got very few (coherent) things to say, and all the things in the world to look at. In other news, it looks like there will be some sort of amazing and miraculous event at Proteus Gowanus on May 18th:

No comments: