Friday, December 21, 2007

THAT'S JUST HOW IT GOES IN A MURDER OF CROWS

Well, I've been up in the chilly north for the past few days, and I've managed to enjoy quite a bit of leisure time between grading exams and experiencing fitful visions of the ghost of Michel de Certeau wisking past my eyes. It's fun to wear a coat again, to watch the sun drop behind the rows of pine trees so much earlier, to watch marathons of The X-Files for hours at a stretch. We listened to ABBA records and danced around recklessly as we unfolded the artificial tree, and I've been drawing lots of pictures and building up an arsenal of limmericks to get me through the coming year. The music in the Walgreen's commercials is so good it brings tears to my eyes, and I keep having dreams where I live in an elaborate treehouse and I float about 5 inches off the ground instead of walking. Yes, it's the holidays, all right.

No comments: