Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A FANTASTIC HELLO TO MRS. LAKE, the 99-YEAR-OLD BABYSITTER

Well, it's not that there's been nothing to report back about. Quite the opposite, really. Life in California is allegedly slow-paced, but I'm still waiting for the slowness to catch up, I suppose. I'm learning all about important life things like the semiosphere and heterotopias, and I'm doing my best not to be mowed down by a clan of coeds on beachcruisers and skateboards all talking on their cellphones as they charge through.

This weekend I made my maiden voyage to Los Angeles, which was indescribably lovely and included eating at In and Out, which I'd never done (delicious), a movie at the Arclight (Wes Anderson's abomination The Darjeeling Limited), and a visit to the La Brea Tar Pits, where we were treated to a 12 minute film circa 1986 of an animated sabertoothed tiger and pack of dire wolves savoring the carcass of a mammoth or ground sloth or something.

So by all accounts, things are thumbs up here for now. And I just found this awesome video on Youtube:

1 comment:

Jill said...

Merideth:
Thank you. My cousin Alisa has been diagnosed with cancer recently and is keeping a blog. DEPRESSING! As I was reading her blog I thought of yours and knew that I could get some much needed laughs. I was right! Thank you. Hope you're doing great.
p.s. Where are my STORIES!