Thursday, August 30, 2007

THANKWELL AND THE 16 WATT FUSE

This week I had my one (and apparently only) wisdom tooth extracted by a man that turned out to be really reliable, though I'd had my doubts. The individual in question was not the first or second but third to be recommended by my dentist, and on my schedule, I took what I could get. In addition to removing people's teeth, he is also a registered patent attorney. Handy. He practices not in what you'd imagine to be a safe, sterile environment, but in his house, a quaint old thing downtown, and while I love old houses, if I'd wanted to have surgery in one, I'd have been born during the civil war. I received a "patient history" form, which had numerous misspellings and grammatical errors, and while that in itself didn't alarm me, what did was the fact that "teeth" was spelled "teath." Luckily, everything seemed to go just fine, and I am healing pretty well. Hooray.

In other news, Idaho Senator Larry Craig's been caught in an extraordinary scandal. I don't really have anything to do with Larry Craig, though in 9th grade I skipped school in order to attend a protest against him for cutting down all of Idaho's trees. I guess we're very informally adversarial, then, so it's kind of funny that now here he is. By "funny," of course, I mean sad.

2 comments:

Logan said...

Was it the old house on Sherman and 11th? If so that's the place where my brother got his wisdom teeth pulled about 15 years ago. Craziness!

la_sale_bete said...

it's the same one--amazing!