Thursday, February 15, 2007

BOARDING UP THE CLEARWATER COOPERATIVE

Oh. My. Gosh.
A train journey that should have taken 30 minutes took 60 minutes. My math skills tell me that's twice as long as it should have taken. (Mere minutes before I arrived at the train platform, my math skills told me that we'd only tipped 12%. But...the service had been pretty bad. And the waitress had botox in her lips. And I wouldn't want to leave a full 20% if she was just going to blow it on botox. But I guess it's not at all my call to say what the waitress should or shouldn't spend her money on). On the train (the one that took twice as long), a woman was describing to her two friends how she'd taunted her boyfriend as he unplugged the phone (so she couldn't call for help) and came at her with a golf club. Her teeth were all straight, so I assume he missed. On the platform waiting for the next train, an old white guy with a mountain man beard wearing overalls was singing a song. The only lyrics were "jihad in the morning..." over and over and over again. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was MJR, similarly trying to make it home. It's fun to run into a friend on the train. Not so fun thinking about jihad in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what could be more fun than jihad in the morning? yr adventures on slow ass trains make me want to put down the books i carry for subway reading and resume people watching and listening. by the way, put up a permanent link to my blog! let me know what movies you plan on going to soon,

mjr