Thursday, January 12, 2006

TOP OF THE ASS MOBILE

It is funny that depending on the time of day you catch me, you will either think I am a dumb mute (pardon the statement if it is not politically correct) or you will think I have an excessive talking disorder.

Funnier still is how in certain situations, silence can get you into more trouble than talking too much. There are plenty of points at which I would love to say something. But there are always about seven other people wanting to say something at the same time too, and I always thought it was presumptuous to think that what I had to say was any more important than anyone else. It's like watching a pack of hyenas tearing into a juicy piece of meat you wanted to have a bite of, but then deciding you're a vegetarian. Alas, the less I pipe up in these meetings, the dumber I look. Soon I may as well start wearing faded old railroad overalls with broken buckles to meetings, and instead of taking notes, just draw spirals over and over on the pages of my dog-eared notebook. That way I can position myself as the dumb (maybe savant?) kid that everyone keeps around out of courtesy/charity. You've got to secure yourself a place somewhere.

4 comments:

katiett said...

I used to get into trouble for this at my job at the library last year. "You're so talkative!", they'd all tease me after meetings, because they were so clever. "You weren't quiet long enough for me to say anything," I'd respond, and then we'd look at each other uncomfortably.

The Daily Kirk said...

...

The Effulgent Child said...

M. Its nice to read your life on the internet. I already feel my comment sounding creapy. Not sure when I morphed into my dad, but it's happened somehow. Madame told me about your blog, and I'm checking it out myself. I may not be clever enough to post here, methinks... either way, good to know you still exist.

la_sale_bete said...

effulgent:
you know madame!? please tell her hello and to let me know how she's doing. you're clever enough for these parts.