Friday, September 02, 2005

IF I KNEW YOU WERE COMING...

I have been trying with all my might to supresss the bloody chunks from rattling around inside my lungs each time I inhale, but frankly, it's difficult to avoid. To make myself feel better I decided to bake a cake. Frances at the store demanded I bring her back a piece, until she saw that I was going to add walnuts, at which point she wrinkled her nose and went back to being her pseudo-surly self. I told her she just wasn't that into nuts and she said that sounded funny. Believe it or not, the cake turned out like a dream despite the fact that the oven knob is all but inoperable (and you certainly can't tell what temperature you're cooking anything at) and also I had to guess because there weren't any measuring cups. Truly a miracle. Take that, Mr. THERE'SNOONETOREPLACEYOUYOUCANWORKWITHAFEVER.

1 comment:

kirk said...

I have the same chunks rattling in my lungs too. But I am a smoker so i get less sympathy. give me a call and we can go to third base with one another.