Saturday, September 24, 2005

THE APACHE HIDEAWAY

Due, in part, to the lovely pre-October weather, my need for some trees, sunlight, and the call of the open road, today, Emilia and I sallied forth for the Shawnee Mtn. Rodeo at the Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania. As neither one of us had ever been to a rodeo before (shocking, considering our heritage--see picture of license plate) we were naturally extremely delighted by the day's events. The MC of the whole affair, toting a thick accent (he told us all he was from "Missourah") was truly entertaining and led us step by step through each event. One fellow got bucked off pretty hard and the paramedics came, but in true cowboy form, he shrugged off that backboard and hobbled out of the dusty ring himself. Between bona-fide events, a husband and wife team clad in turquoise sequined cowboy outfits came out and did all sorts of amazing tricks: flipping, sommersaulting, and standing on the horses as they galloped around, steering horses through courses of flaming stakes, and snapping roses out of people's mouths with whips. The highlight, however, was when four goats were let out in the ring. Sent in to round them up were three monkeys in cowboy suits that were astride three border collies. I am not sure how they got those monkeys to stay on top of the dogs--super glue? tying them down? Whatever they did, they looked like miniature, hairy cowboys just doing a day's work. Truly disturbing, but that's the way of the west.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surgical pins
I took a picture of it with my camera phone - This is cool. There are 4 pins that are inserted into my left arm.
Che blog interessante! Lo aggiungerò ai miei "siti internet preferiti"!

Io ho un sito di giochi scommesse . Esso compre molto bene gli aspetti relativi a giochi scommesse .

Mi piacerebbe che venissi a vederlo se e quando avrai tempo!

Anonymous said...

Photon Connects iPhoto Directly to Moveable Type Sites
That's why I embrace apps such as Address Book and iCal. For my digital images, iPhoto 5 is my database.
I like your blog! I'm definitely going to bookmark it!

I have a Second Income site. It pretty much covers Second Income related stuff. (And I've got lots of great new programs!)
Have a look sometime!

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice!
I have a download music for free online site. It
pretty much covers download music for free online related stuff. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!

Rod

Katiett said...

I like that the cowboy post brought out all of the anonymous advertisers.