Friday, April 08, 2005

HO HO HOLY

Now I know I’m at risk of alienating/enraging thedailycollision’s many Catholic readers here, but as they're burying him, it seems important to note that Pope John Paul II has been dressed in an outfit that really resembles that of Santa Claus. When I die, I hope they dress me in something suitable and tasteful. Something that suggests my eloquence but also captures my zesty spirit. Perhaps a red t-shirt that says “WALK DON’T RUN” on it. It would even be okay if the apostrophe in the “don’t” was backwards. Luckily, I have one such t-shirt right here. I wear it just about every day, on the off chance that I am killed, I’ll be ready to roll. Now I know fashion sense should be the last thing on a corpse’s mind, but let’s face it, I want to look good. And here's another thing: I just saw the most incredible film entitled The Yoyo Gang. Super 8, the lack of synch sound makes it even more incredibly funny. Much of it is impeccably timed; some scenes seem riot grrrl adaptations of Chaplin's greats. Or maybe Chaplin's just on my mind these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone in your observation that in all of the news photographs, the pope is dressed in very Santa-like apparel. I personally don't think it is very appropriate . . . Anyway, I suppose I need to give more thought into my apparel--I do have a corncreature (cubed) T-shirt of which I am rather fond . . .

Noodles said...

That is SO funny! I was thinking that the Pope looked like St. Nicholas in the burial attire. Perhaps he will be made a saint very shortly. If not, at least he was last seen wearing something that made him look like a Saint. I personally think that it is a way cool outfit, much more tasteful than a Walk, Don't Run shirt!