Sunday, February 27, 2005

EIGHT AT ONE TIME?!

I looked down at my watch. It read 7:40 (pm). When I looked up, there was an N train stopped on the other side of the platform going the opposite direction. Sitting inside, placidly reading, was one of my cohorts. What a lucky look; there's nothing to make you feel at home in the city then happening to see someone you know while you're out and about. Now that the Oscars are over, Joan Rivers can return to her cave for another twelve months and we can all breathe a little easier. I guess the theme for this year's awards was that assisted suicide rules. Awesome. Some day I hope to win two Oscars on the same night, so that when I go up to receive my second one, I can bring the first and make the two statuettes kiss one another in front of the audience. People tend to respond well to stuff like that, right?

No comments: